Company: Lessing’s Hospitality Group
Campaign Name: #DoGood
Date: March 2019 – Current
To bring awareness toward all Lessing’s marketing campaigns designed to support our local communities and charitable organizations.
Organizations directly supported:
• Dine Out 4 Autism – 10% of the proceeds from the sale of One Hope Wine benefits the Eden II Genesis Foundation throughout the month of April
• Crayon Initiative – Used crayons are collected at all Lessing’s restaurants and sent to the Crayon initiative to be melted down and turned into useable crayons for kids in hospitals around the country.
• Island Harvest Food Bank – Proceeds from the sale of our own Local Cheer beer, brewed by Blue Point Brewery, are donated to Island Harvest Food Bank. This in addition to other campaigns explained below.
• Locals to Locals – Partnership encourages the sale and use of locally produced items from Long Island. To participate, 25% of a restaurant’s tap beer lines have to be from breweries that only make beer on Long Island. All Lessing’s restaurants participate.
Local Support Initiatives:
• #SkipTheStraw – promotes that our restaurants are doing away with single-use plastic straws and help a larger initiative that does away with non-biodegradable to-go containers and plastic utensils.
• Plant-A-Garden – Lessing’s partnered with Island Harvest to help clean up and plant seeds in their Brentwood “Giving-Garden.” The crop will go directly to some of the 300,000 people on Long Island who are food insecure and require assistance.
• Beach Cleanup – Partnered with Save the Beaches Foundation to help clean up South Shore Beaches. Lessing’s employees have removed hundreds of pounds of garbage from Gilgo Beach each year since 2017.
Utilizing Instagram Stories and Highlights, we are able to leverage our #DoGood branding across all of our giving back and support initiatives. All content that is generated relating to these initiatives and organizations are branded with #DoGood, creating and cohesive and consistent message. Our in-house graphic design team, in conjunction with our social media team who photographed the necessary collateral, designed these stories and highlights.
General awareness about these marketing campaigns has greatly increased amongst our customer base. Customers are often talking to our staff regarding their volunteering efforts and that creates more of a personal connection between employee and customer. These connections further enhance our mission statement to “enhance our legacy of remarkable hospitality” and push the envelope of what it means to truly be a part of our local communities.
NOTE: File size too large for one file, please use this dropbox link to access final file – https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyruparssxjyuen/Plant%20a%20Garden%20Video.mp4?dl=0